What does an individual session include?
After the evaluations, your therapist will discuss the recommended frequency for individual treatment sessions. These sessions can be anywhere from 1-3 times a week. Each session will focus on a particular area of the pain management process. In general, these sessions can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lifestyle redesign education and implementation
- Physical interventions and exercises to address flexibility, strength, endurance, and balance
- Pain science education
- Nutrition and meal prep education, training, and assistance
- Sleep hygiene assessments and interventions
- Manual therapies as appropriate
- Customized therapeutic exercise plans to increase safe movement patterns and routines
- Education and training on how to access and use resources in the community and online to create an ongoing pain management plan
- Medication management and education
- Community reintegration and planning
... and more!